Where: Calhoun County, Florida (30.5° N, 85.2° W: paleocoordinates 30.9° N, 81.5° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Chipola Formation (Alum Bluff Group), Burdigalian (20.4 - 16.0 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Chipola Fm of the Alum Bluff Gp, for which lithostratigraphic relationships are not discussed. AGE: late Early Miocene, on the basis of macro fossil biostratigraphy; direct date from 87Sr/86Sr isotope dating of fossils from elsewhere in Chipola Fm [=Burdigalian age]. STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From unknown position within formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; unlithified, calcareous marl and unlithified, calcareous sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Vokes & Vokes; reposited in the FLMNH, USNM
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: E. H. Vokes and H. E. Vokes. REPOSITORY: FLMNH, USNM.
Primary reference: E. H. Vokes and H. E. Vokes. 2000. Catalogue of Tulane University fossil localities. Unpublished notes [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/P. Wagner]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 92545: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 17.11.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)