Where: Colombia (11.0° N, 75.0° W: paleocoordinates 9.9° N, 71.2° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Los Perdices Shale Formation, Early/Lower Miocene (23.0 - 16.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Los Perdices Shale, which regionally underlies the Tuberá Gp (Early-Late Miocene) and overlies the "Poso Series" (Oligocene). AGE: Early Miocene in text; same in Anderson (1929). STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; poorly lithified shale
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Anderson; reposited in the CAS
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: F. Anderson, c. 1920's. REPOSITORY: California Academy of Sciences (CAS).
Primary reference: R. L. Gertman. 1969. Cenozoic Typhinae (Mollusca: Gastropoda) of the Western Atlantic region. Tulane Studies in Geology and Paleontology 7(4):143-192 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 92694: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 24.11.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)