Lingulata - Lingulida - Disciniidae
Parent taxon: Disciniidae according to A. Williams et al. 2000
See also Kirchner 1933
Sister taxa: none
Subtaxa: Discina bosniaca Discina capuliforma Discina discoides Discina donetzensis Discina orbicularis Discina striata
Ecology: stationary low-level epifaunal suspension feeder
• Jurassic of France (1 collection), New Zealand (2), the United Kingdom (1)
• Triassic of Bosnia and Herzegovina (1), Germany (4), Hungary (1), Italy (2), Jordan (1), Poland (1), the Russian Federation (1), Turkey (1)
• Permian of Bosnia and Herzegovina (1), Ukraine (1)
• Carboniferous of the United Kingdom (1)
• Devonian of Germany (1), United States (4: New York)
• Ordovician of the Czech Republic (1), United States (1: Ohio)
Total: 26 collections each including a single occurrence
Show more details
Specimen images are retrieved through the ePANDDA API.
Click image to enlarge. Click to access iDigBio record.