Where: Costa Rica (10.0° N, 83.2° W: paleocoordinates 9.9° N, 82.6° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Pliocene (5.3 - 2.6 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: Unknown. AGE: Pliocene, on the basis of faunal correlations. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Unknown position within section.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the PRI
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Olsson, A. REPOSITORY: PRI.
Primary reference: A. A. Olsson. 1922. The Miocene of Northern Costa Rica. Bulletins of American Paleontology 9(39):1-309 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 134678: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 12.10.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)