Where: Costa Rica (9.6° N, 82.8° W: paleocoordinates 9.4° N, 81.5° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Uscari Formation, Late/Upper Miocene (11.6 - 5.3 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: The Uscari Formation which sits diachronously with abrupt lithological transition below the Rio Banano Formation, mostly conformably and sometimes disconformably. AGE: Late Miocene. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Collection is representative of formation.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the PRI
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Olsson, A. REPOSITORY: PRI.
Primary reference: A. A. Olsson. 1922. The Miocene of Northern Costa Rica. Bulletins of American Paleontology 9(39):1-309 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 134681: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 12.10.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)