Where: England, United Kingdom (52.2° N, 0.1° E: paleocoordinates 40.6° N, 3.2° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Upper Greensand Formation (Selborne Group), Albian to Albian (113.0 - 93.5 Ma)
• 'Lower Chalk', in old usage, which includes the Greensand.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithology not reported
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by J. Carter in <1840
Collection methods: quarrying, mechanical,
• James Carter Esq., M.R.C.S.
Primary reference: R. Owen. 1842. Report on British fossil reptiles, part II. Report of the British Association for the Advancement of Science 11:60-204 [M. Carrano/M. Carrano/M. Carrano]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 137415: authorized by Roger Benson, entered by Roger Benson on 17.12.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)