Also known as Woodring Loc. 171; W622
Where: Santa Barbara County, California (34.8° N, 120.4° W: paleocoordinates 34.7° N, 119.5° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Cebada Member (Careaga Sandstone Formation), Piacenzian (3.6 - 2.6 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Cebada Member of the Careaga Sandstone, which overlies the Foxen Mudstone (mid-late Pliocene) and underlies the Paso Robles Fm (Pleistocene). AGE: Late Pliocene, on the basis of foraminiferal and microfossil biostratigraphy.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: offshore; poorly lithified, silty sandstone
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
Collected by W. Woodring; reposited in the USNM
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: Not reported, but assumed to be W. Woodring. REPOSITORY: Smithsonian (USNM).
Primary reference: W. P. Woodring and M.N. Bramlette. 1950. Geology and paleontology of the Santa Maria District California. United States Geological Survey Professional Paper 222 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 189758: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 05.11.2017
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)