Where: Scotland, United Kingdom (56.0° N, 3.0° W: paleocoordinates 10.3° S, 1.7° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Sunnyside/Rhodes Limestone Member (Garlton Hills Volcanics Formation), Tournaisian (358.9 - 346.7 Ma)
• Occurs at the center of the most disrupted strata. Occupies a mini-graben bounded by two parallel SW-NE oriented faults. Sediments produce a pseudochannel. Grading is common.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lacustrine - large; graded, bioturbated, pyritic, gray siltstone and graded sandstone
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils, microfossils
Preservation: adpression, permineralized, charcoalification
Collection methods: quarrying, surface (in situ), mechanical, peel or thin section,
• 28 blocks collected from section 2.12, 11 blocks collected from section 1.17.
Primary reference: R. M. Bateman and G. W. Rothwell. 1990. A reappraisal of the Dinantian floras at Oxroad Bay, East Lothian, Scotland. 1. Floristics and the development of whole-plant concepts. Transactions of the Royal Society of Edinburgh 81:127-159 [H. Sims/J. Allen/H. Sims]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 36236: authorized by Hallie Sims, entered by Jason Cassara on 19.01.2004
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)