Also known as UF locality PI016
Where: Pinellas County, Florida (28.0° N, 82.8° W: paleocoordinates 28.3° N, 78.2° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Monroecreekian to Monroecreekian (26.3 - 24.8 Ma)
• "late early-early late Arikareean" = Monroecreekian to Harrisonian; from "a compacted clay layer"
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: terrestrial; claystone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the FMNH
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• specimen "found articulated in situ"
Primary reference: J. A. O'Sullivan. 2003. A new species of Archaeohippus (Mammalia, Equidae) from the Arikareean of central Florida. Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology 23(4):877-885 [J. Alroy/J. Alroy/J. Alroy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 36263: authorized by John Alroy, entered by John Alroy on 22.01.2004
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)