Where: Tajikistan (40.6° N, 70.0° E: paleocoordinates 26.2° N, 67.2° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Rotliegendes (298.9 - 254.0 Ma)
• The author relates that the finds come form a pack of sediments interposed between vulcanic rocks on the southern flank of Sarytaipan Mountain.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: fluvial-deltaic; poorly lithified, fine-grained, black, gray, green, argillaceous, carbonaceous sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: quarrying,
• The author states that most of the collection consisted of skeleton impressions. There were also some skulls and a shoulder girdle.
Primary reference: L. P. Tatarinov. 1964. Novoe mestonakhozhdenie permskikh seimuriamorfov v SSSR [A new locality of Permian seymouriamorphs in the USSR]. Paleontologicheskii Zhurnal 1964(1):139-141 [J. Hunter/D. Ehrenburg/T. Liebrecht]more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 38320: authorized by John Hunter, entered by Dina Ehrenburg on 20.04.2004
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)