Also known as Sea Lion Point, St George, Pribilof Islands
Where: Aleutians West County, Alaska (57.2° N, 170.1° W: paleocoordinates 57.2° N, 170.1° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Late/Upper Pleistocene (0.1 - 0.0 Ma)
• Sedimentary layer 10 feet thick, the bottom which is exposed at high-tide mark.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified, pebbly, tuffaceous, yellow sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: quarrying,
• Collection made by C. Weaver in 1948 and Barth (1956); identified by F. MacNeil. Unknown repositories.
Primary reference: T.F. Barth. 1956. Geology and Petrology of the Pribilof Islands, Alaska. United States Geological Survey Professional Paper 1028(F) [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 41302: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 11.07.2004
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)