Where: Montana (47.9° N, 110.4° W: paleocoordinates 55.1° N, 76.6° W)
• coordinate based on political unit
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Judith River Formation (Montana Group), Middle Campanian to Middle Campanian (83.5 - 70.6 Ma)
• Judith River deposits..." (Hay 1908 p. 98). Presumably Judith River Formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: terrestrial; lithology not reported
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Sternberg and Isaac in 1876; reposited in the AMNH
Collection methods: surface (float), surface (in situ)
• Collectors: Sternberg and Isaac in 1876 for E. D. Cope (Hay, 1908, p. 98).
Primary reference: E. S. Gaffney. 1972. The systematics of the North American family Baenidae (Reptilia, Cryptodira). Bulletin of the American Museum of Natural History 147(5):245-312 [J. Alroy/M. Sommers/R. Benson]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 128455: authorized by Roger Benson, entered by Roger Benson on 09.06.2012, edited by Evangelos Vlachos
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)