Also known as Carol Site, State of Utah Loc. 42EM366V
Where: Emery County, Utah (39.2° N, 110.9° W: paleocoordinates 39.2° N, 70.5° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Mussentuchit Member (Cedar Mountain Formation), Late/Upper Albian (105.3 - 99.6 Ma)
• located in Mussentuchit Member just above the contact with the Ruby Ranch member. Mussentuchit is 12.3 m thick at the site, Ruby Ranch is 18.3 m thick.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: terrestrial; mudstone and sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by R. Jones in 1994
Collection methods: quarrying, mechanical,
• The ankylosaur was discovered entirely with subsurface remote sensing techniques.
Primary reference: J. I. Kirkland and D. Burge. 1994. A large primitive hadrosaur from the Lower Cretaceous of Utah. Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology 14(3, suppl.):32A [M. Carrano/M. Carrano]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 27067: authorized by Matthew Carrano, entered by Matthew Carrano on 15.11.2002
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)