Trilobita - Proetida - Bathyuridae
Parent taxon: Bathyurinae according to R. A. Fortey and D. L. Bruton 2013
See also Jell and Adrain 2002 and Sepkoski 2002
Sister taxa: Bathyurine, Bolbocephalus, Catochia, Cullisonia, Gelasinocephalus, Jeffersonia, Peltabellia, Psalikilopsis, Ranasasus, Speyeris
Subtaxa: Petigurus cullisoni Petigurus cybele Petigurus ellipticus Petigurus groenlandicus Petigurus inexpectatus Petigurus nero
Ecology: fast-moving low-level epifaunal deposit feeder
• Ordovician of Canada (11: Newfoundland, Newfoundland and Labrador collections), Norway (3), United States (4: Idaho, Nevada, New York, Utah)
• Whiterockian of United States (1: Nevada)
• Cassinian of Canada (14: Newfoundland, Newfoundland and Labrador), Greenland (1), United States (37: Oklahoma)
• Arenig of Canada (3: Newfoundland and Labrador), Greenland (4)
• Jeffersonian of Canada (6: Newfoundland, Newfoundland and Labrador), United States (3: Oklahoma)
Total: 87 collections including 100 occurrences
Show more details
Specimen images are retrieved through the ePANDDA API.
Click image to enlarge. Click to access iDigBio record.