Bivalvia - Hiatellida - Hiatellidae
Parent taxon: Glycimeridae according to P. Bouchet et al. 2010
See also Nagao 1928, Turner 1938 and Vokes 1980
Sister taxa: Cyrtodaria, Hiatella, Hiatellinae, Panopea, Panopeinae, Pseudosaxicava, Turneria, Pholeobia
Subtaxa: Glycimeris altoumbonata Glycimeris fresnoensis Glycimeris halli Glycimeris hannibali Glycimeris maccrayi Glycimeris marysvillensis Glycimeris perrini Glycimeris veatchii
Ecology: facultatively mobile infaunal suspension feeder
• Quaternary of Mozambique (1 collection), South Africa (4)
• Pliocene of the United Kingdom (4), United States (2: California)
• Miocene of Japan (1), United States (2: California, Maryland)
• Eocene of Brazil (1), Chile (1), France (1), United States (24: California, Oregon)
• Paleocene of United States (9: California)
• Cretaceous of United States (6: California, Maryland, New Jersey)
Total: 56 collections including 61 occurrences
Show more details
Specimen images are retrieved through the ePANDDA API.
Click image to enlarge. Click to access iDigBio record.