Osteichthyes - Caudata - Urodela
Parent taxon: Sirenidae according to E. D. Cope 1875
See also Carroll 1988, Estes 1981, Goin and Auffenberg 1955 and Lynch 1965
Sister taxa: Adelphesiren, Habrosaurus, Kababisha, Noterpeton, Pseudobranchus
Subtaxa: Siren dunni Siren hesterna Siren lacertina Siren miotexana Siren simpsoni
Ecology: amphibious carnivore
• Quaternary of United States (18: Florida, Georgia collections)
• Blancan of United States (2: Florida)
• Hemphillian of United States (1: Florida)
• Miocene of United States (8: Florida, Nebraska, Texas)
• Eocene of United States (1: Wyoming)
Total: 30 collections including 31 occurrences
Show more details
Specimen images are retrieved through the ePANDDA API.
Click image to enlarge. Click to access iDigBio record.