Alternative combination: Canis davisi
Synonyms: Canis condoni Shotwell 1956, Leptocyon shermanensis Hibbard 1937, Vulpes shermanensis Hibbard 1937
Full reference: J. C. Merriam. 1911. Tertiary Mammal Beds Of Virgin Valley and Thousand Creek In Northwestern Nevada. Part II.-Vertebrate Faunas. University of California Publications Bulletin of the Department of Geology 6(11):199-304
Sister taxon: Eucyon skinneri
- Eucyon davisi: UCMP 545, a set of teeth
- Canis condoni: Its type locality is McKay Reservoir, which is in a Hemphillian pond sandstone in the McKay Formation of Oregon.
- Leptocyon shermanensis: Its type locality is Edson, which is in a Hemphillian terrestrial horizon in Kansas.
Ecology: ground dwelling carnivore-omnivore
• Blancan of United States (1: Washington collection)
• Pliocene of Canada (1: Northwest Territories)
Total: 29 collections each including a single occurrence
Specimen images are retrieved through the ePANDDA API.
Click image to enlarge. Click to access iDigBio record.